In summary, my experiences throughout the course of the class have been delightful. I have seen many places that I would have otherwise not have had the opportunity to have seen. In addition, due to the experiential nature of this course, I have seen how Danes enjoy their greenspace and have explored the vast diversity of greenspaces in the region. This has allowed me to gain an immense amount of knowledge about the Danish culture and Danes in general. Everyday was a new and interesting experience that I gained a lot out of, and I think this class has helped change the way I look at and enjoy such spaces.
Friday, June 12, 2015
Conclusion
After three weeks of learning about and experiencing Danish greenspace, my definition of greenspace has changed. Originally I thought of greenspace as green, public parks in urban environments. Now, after having taken this class, I have broadened my definition of greenspace as any space or landscape that is accessible for recreational use by inhabitants. The uses of such spaces include recreation and relaxation, and landscapes are even used as ways to make a living, as seen by the industries of coastal villages. Previously, I would not have included concrete parks in my definition. However, now, after seeing how such space is used, I think it is proper to include modern, concrete parks that lack green, because they still allow residents to enjoy the outdoors in a safe environment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment